Premier Medical Centre embraces the concept of placing patients first. Our clinic emphasizes a low patient-volume with a focus on providing the highest quality of patient care. Improving quality-of-life and returning patients to their prior level of activity remain our primary goals.
Our experienced team includes many areas of physical and psychological therapy. All our staff are licensed practitioners and in good standing within their respective fields of study. At Premier Medical Centre we use a team approach to establish the best possible approach to every patient’s treatment plan.
- New patients are scheduled for appointments within 24 hours of calling.
- Patients do not spend their valuable time sitting in a waiting room – they are seen at the time they are scheduled.
- Only 1-2 patients are scheduled per hour for adequate one-on-one, hands on care.
- Each patient will the opportunity to see the same physical therapist if they wish.
- Home exercises are a vital part to a successful rehabilitation program and for the prevention of further injuries.
- Our office staff will verify all benefits so that each patient is informed of their specific coverage PRIOR to coming in for treatment.
- Our office staff will file all primary insurance claims for our patients.
- Our office staff will track insurance coverage throughout the treatment program and inform patients of any changes.
- Clinic is centrally located in Toronto and is easily accessible by transit
- Our clinic hours are flexible to accommodate most individual schedules and free parking is available near the clinic.
- Our services address the musculoskeletal and treatment needs of pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric health conditions.
- Prescribed Medical Marijuana Prescriptions available for patients of Premier Medical Centre who qualify and are supervised by Dr. Goldberg, MD.
Frequently Asked Questions
At Premier Medical Centre we are dedicated to helping you get moving pain free as fast as possible! We strive to provide every patient with unparalleled service and results. The combination of our experienced staff and diverse treatment options will ensure that you GET healthy and STAY healthy. We pride ourselves on effective non-invasive treatment, leaving you able to enjoy life with no recovery time and without the use of regular medication!
- Arrive at the clinic and fill out the required paperwork
- One of our trained therapists will see you for an initial assessment
During the initial assessment the therapist will discuss the following with you:
- Your medical history
- Current problem(s)
- Level of pain
- Medications, tests, procedures you have undergone or will undergo
- How the problem is affecting your daily life
- Your goals with physical therapy
Aside from discussing your problems/complaints the therapist will begin a physical examination, which may include the following:
- Feeling around the area of the pain/problem
- Move joints
- Test muscle strength and contraction
- Test how your nerves are communicating with your muscles
- Test reflexes
- Perform special tests to rule out additional problems
- Check posture and alignment
- Referral if provided by your doctor
- Payment information
- Workers comp claim number (if applicable)
- Any form required by your insurance company
Physiotherapists and Chiropractors are legislated as primary care providers and do not require a doctor’s referral. However, some extended health benefit plan insurance companies require a doctor’s referral for full reimbursement of physical therapy costs. Additionally, worker’s comp and Motor vehicle accident claims both require a doctor’s referral.
Loose fitting clothing would be the best choice. The ability to expose the affected area is the key when choosing appropriate clothing.
Typically, each appointment will last between 30 and 60 minutes. Chiropractic adjustments might be able to be completed in as little as 5 minutes.
Every case varies depending on severity of the problem and how your body reacts to the treatment. You may require only one visit or ongoing care for a few months. You will be constantly evaluated by your therapist and will be provided with recommendations and possible additional treatment if required.
All of our therapists are licensed by their respective provincial or national association.
The list of things to do following a treatment varies greatly depending on the patient. Some may need to continue home exercises, some will need to get into the gym, and some will simply finish their treatment and return to daily activity.
Please call us for the first available appointment. Often, it will be within 24 hours.